CareersImagine what we can do together.
Tangram 3DS, an international 3D architectural visualization studio, has been in business for over 15 years. We work with some of the country’s largest architecture and design firms and real estate developers as well as on local projects in the Seacoast area. Our office is just minutes away from the charming, historic city of Portsmouth, New Hampshire, which regularly places on “Best Places to Live” lists in national publications, and has all of the world-class dining, shopping, and entertainment of a major city without the traffic and congestion. The city features excellent schools, museums, parks, and beaches, and is a great place to raise a family. And when you do need to get to the city, Portsmouth is within an hour’s drive of Boston or Portland, Maine.
Business Development Manager (Outside Sales)
At Tangram 3DS, we are on the lookout for a smart, motivated outside sales or business development professional that is enthusiastic about architectural/interior design, 3D visualization/ animation and the design/build industry. If this describes you, we want to hear from you.
We are an internationally-recognized boutique 3D visualization, animation, digital and graphic design studio creating customized interactive solutions for architects, interior designers, real estate developers, and clients seeking creative presentation and marketing solutions. We work together with clients to transform their vision and goals into stunning 360-degree videos, animations, websites, and immersive virtual reality experiences that tell a compelling story—theirs. We help our clients visualize the future. You can too.
Our business development needs are growing quickly and we are looking to provide a structured career path in our industry to help you foster, grow and close business. Our headquarters is based in Greater Portsmouth, New Hampshire, serving clients in North America and abroad. The territory will initially be focused in Greater Boston and New England.
What you’ll do
- Create lead generation through research, industry groups and campaigns.
- Develop personalized, value-based outreach targeted at vertical industry prospects.
- Prepare consultative pitches for outbound sales calls.
- Qualify prospects and create a pipeline for short and long-term new business.
- Write customized proposals, respond to RFIs and RFPs.
- Tailor social media campaigns for industry specific trends.
Who you are
- A business development or sales professional who is serious about a long-term career in the 3D visualization industry.
- Minimum three years of business development, marketing or outside sales experience or equivalent, which includes pricing, sales strategy, and negotiation skills.
- Industry experience in the commercial (preferable) real estate, architecture/interior design, general contracting, furniture or related industry.
- BS/BA Marketing/Business/Marketing/Communications degree preferred.
- Willingness to go the extra mile, study the industry and attend events to network and further your education on the latest trends and client needs.
- Independent and motivated. You will be creating the roadmap for the success of the business alongside the CEO.
- Ability to engage executive level customers and vision cast our services.
- Prior track record of achievement in positions with significant accountability.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- You are professional.
Our commitment to you
You will become an expert in 3D visualization for architecture/interior design as you learn our industry on the job while you are hunting for new business. You will be working closely with the CEO of the company who will be your partner and advisor on opportunities along with the design and production team. You will enjoy our casual, hardworking, passionate culture of 3D design enthusiasts who love to visualize beyond what the client would have ever imagined. We deliver excellence. We are looking for someone with similar DNA.
What does Tangram 3DS do for clients?
Here is an example of what we do: Tangram 3DS was hired to create a promotional video for a multinational company’s Center of Excellence (COE), a multi-component state-of-the-art training facility, so we created the space entirely in 3D. We provided a virtual walk through tour of the various zones of the training facility using voice-over narration to guide the viewer through the building. 360 VR panorama scenes conveyed the experience customers would have at the Center of Excellence. The interior design was in its early stages, so our team provided custom tenant fitouts for various spaces throughout the facility. With general specifications from our client and our own creative expertise, we crafted 3D animations that complete the client’s vision. We highlighted the modern design and innovative use of technology that the client promises to deliver.
Benefits and perks
- Salaried position plus annual performance bonus
- Casual and collaborative work environment
- Flexible time off
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match after 1 year
- Parental leave
- Flexible spending and dependent care accounts
- Free parking
- Free coffee and snacks
Tangram 3DS is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, race, veteran or disability status. Tangram 3DS believes that diversity and inclusion among our team is critical to our success as a global company. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people.
Only serious applicants need apply. Applicants must have a valid working permit for the USA.
Please send a PDF (preferred) to firstname.lastname@example.org complete with the following:
- A resume with links/URL to your work.
- Three professional references.
- Expected salary. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Qualified candidates will receive a request for more information or a personal interview.